Friday, September 24, 2010

Project Update


“Teddy’s Menagerie” is mostly going to be an exhibit for children; I want to start thinking of ideas of interactive displays. I know I want to have story times and games but I need more ideas.  The books used for story time will be books like: Mind Your Manners, Alice Roosevelt by Leslie Kimmelman, What to do about Alice? By Barbara Kerley and Edwin Fotheringham, The President’s Daughter by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley, and anymore that I can find. I am starting to research the types of games the Roosevelt children use to play and see if I can use any of them in my exhibit.  I do not know if I want to use a character for my exhibit…for example one of the Roosevelt children’s dog. I was also thinking of maybe doing a Adopt a Pet day or something…once a month a pet organization will come with similar pets of the Roosevelt children and visitors can talk with the organization on ways they can help animals in need or something. I don’t know where I am going with this or if this is even a good idea. Just a thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment