Friday, October 1, 2010

Ohio Historical Society

On Thursday September 30, 2010, I went to the Ohio Historical Society to a Internship Program Planning Meeting. While I was there I looked at OHS's exhibit and got a few ideas for my final project. They had objects and artifacts from the Great Lakes and a map. They had a signage (by the objects) it was a True or False asking “Nearly all of Ohio’s lakes were built by people” to find the answer the visitor had to press a screen and watch a short video called “Water, Water Everywhere”. They also had multiple choice signages. I thought I could do something similar, ask visitors question on the Roosevelt children or their pets. I can make a prototype of the label and a summary of the video for when i show my project to the "board".
I am still undecided on my color scheme for the exhibit. I think once I make an outline of everything I want in the exhibit it will be easier deciding on the color scheme. So for next week’s blog that is my goal: to have a list of my objects and pictures that will be in the exhibit/project.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is very wise to make all of your most important content choices before getting tied up in the design details. As I've said in class several times, you can put together a beautiful exhibit in a carefully designed gallery space, but if the content isn't high-quality, you ultimately fail in meeting your visitors' needs.

    ReplyDelete